Same Day Crowns and Veneers in St. Louis
Dr. Pete Spalitto, a St. Louis dentist at West County Dental, uses state-of-the-art dental technology to provide both crowns and veneers in a single visit. No waiting period is necessary—you walk into our office with a tooth problem, and walk out with a good-looking smile. Since you use your teeth every day, it’s not surprising that they suffer wear and tear. If your teeth are damaged or discolored, you might consider dental crowns or veneers. Both procedures have proven to be highly effective when it comes to masking tooth imperfections and brightening smiles.
What Are Crowns?
A crown is a tooth-shaped cap that is designed to fit over an existing tooth. When you come to Dr. Spalitto, he will take extra care to ensure that your crown blends nicely with your natural teeth. Thanks to the sophisticated technology we use in our office, the procedure is safe, painless, and fast.
- Who Can Benefit: Anyone with a cracked, chipped, or severely decayed tooth can benefit from a same-day crown. Since same-day crowns only require one visit, they can also benefit people who have busy schedules.
- Procedure: First, Dr. Spalitto removes a thin layer from the existing tooth and begins a 3D scan. He then uses revolutionary CAD-CAM (computer-assisted design and computer assisted milling) technology to create the crown during the same dental visit. Finally, Dr. Spalitto places the crown over the damaged tooth.
- Advantages: Crowns are great because they protect damaged teeth while improving their appearance. If one of your teeth is damaged, discolored, or otherwise unsightly, a crown can provide an excellent solution. At Dr. Spalitto’s office, we offer everything you need to enjoy a terrific smile again.
An Introduction to Veneers
Veneers are wafer-thin shells that are affixed to the fronts of unsightly teeth. Most veneers are made of porcelain, and they are designed to look almost exactly like natural teeth. At Dr. Spalitto’s office, we can provide you with your veneers in the space of a single visit.
- Who Can Benefit: Veneers can cover up discolored or misshapen teeth. Smartly placed veneers can even cover up gaps between teeth.
- Procedure: In some ways, the same-day veneer process is very similar to the crown-making process. The biggest difference is that porcelain veneers are only affixed to the front of the tooth, rather than over the whole tooth.
- Advantages: Getting a porcelain veneer is perhaps the best way to receive an instantly improved smile. Porcelain veneers make it easy to improve the appearance of an entire row of teeth.
Whether you are interested in same-day crowns or same-day veneers, Dr. Pete Spalitto is the St. Louis dentist for the job. Don’t worry about making room in your busy schedule for weeks of return visits—we’ll get the job done right the first time. You can call West County Dental at (314) 821-2712 to set up an appointment or ask any questions you may have about veneers, crowns, implants, or sedation dentistry.