The Truth About Dental Implants
A Permanent Solution to Missing Teeth in St. Louis
Whether you’re missing teeth due to injury, disease, or tooth decay, dental implants can restore and protect your mouth and teeth for years to come! At West County Dental in St. Louis, we’ve restored smiles with dental implants for more than a decade. If you or someone you love has lost one or more teeth, let our expert team determine if dental implants are a viable solution! To see if dental implants are right for you, call West County Dental at (314) 821-2712 and reserve an appointment.
Dental Implants Can Last a Lifetime!
Dental implants are as close as you can come to new, natural teeth. Once in place, dental implants protect your jaw and surrounding teeth in ways that dentures and dental bridges cannot. Dental implants are a long-lasting replacement solution and they are almost indistinguishable from your natural teeth.
Our dental implant procedure entails:
- Many patients have found that the procedure was easier than removing teeth as well as other procedures they had in the past. See our testimonials for more information.
- Placement of a titanium post that acts as the root of the missing tooth.
- A minimal amount of manipulation of the soft tissue.
- Shorter recovery time than traditional methods.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many benefits of getting dental implants from the team at West County Dental. They include:
- Dental implants integrate with your jawbone, offering the same look and function of your teeth. This guarantees a more natural appearance.
- With proper care, they can last longer than other dental replacement options and they function like your natural teeth. As a result, they offer a strong foundation for additional work such as dental bridges or replacement teeth.
- They improve your speech and eating ability. Because dental implants act and feel like your real teeth, you’ll develop better speech without slurring or impeding qualities usually associated with missing teeth or ill-fitting dental appliances like dentures.
Who Can Benefit from Dental Implants?
If you are missing one or multiple teeth, you’re the perfect candidate for dental implants. They are agreed by many as the best way to replace missing teeth because of their strong, safe, and sturdy application. When you have dental implants, most people won’t be able to distinguish them from real teeth. Smile, talk, and eat with confidence and comfort again. If you elect to get implants, you will need to commit to frequent maintenance and care. If bridges and dentures aren’t cutting it for you due to their discomfort, unreliability, and overall daily annoyance, dental implants are a great solution. Additionally, some people cannot have dentures due to many different reasons. Dental implants are stronger, more reliable, and more comfortable in your mouth compared to other replacement solutions.
The Dental Implant Procedure
Dental implants are installed with a minimally invasive procedure. While you are enjoying headphones and watching your favorite movie, Dr. Spalitto places the implant. The process can take as little as 30 minutes. There will be a brief adjustment period, but before too long, you’ll use them like your natural teeth!
To see if dental implants are right for you, call West County Dental at (314) 821-2712 and schedule an appointment.