Family Dentistry In St. Louis, MO
West County Dental Offers Dental Cleaning for Your Family
For over ten years, West County Dental has provided complete dental solutions for families throughout West County and Chesterfield, MO. As a family dentist, we are uniquely skilled in providing dental cleanings for both adults and children. It’s crucial that your child develop positive dental habits at an early age to help protect their adult teeth as they grow older. Routine dental cleanings are an important part of maintaining good overall health. Whether you’ve been a patient with us since a child or this is your first visit to our office, we will treat you with the respect you deserve. Contact our team today to reserve your dental cleaning.
Why Are Routine Dental Cleanings Important?
Many studies have shown that your total-body health is directly linked to your oral health. So, it’s important to find a dental office that you can count on for routine teeth cleanings. Teeth cleanings not only will help preserve the health of your teeth but will allow our team of dental hygienists to inspect your mouth to ensure it is healthy. We understand that some of our patients may avoid dentists because they have dental anxiety. We can administer sedation to help alleviate the pain and anxiety you may feel about visiting the dentist. Our office is relaxing, and our team is compassionate to ensure you feel comfortable when getting your teeth cleaned. During your routine deep cleaning, we’ll:
- Remove Plaque and Tartar – Over time, sticky foods will solidify on your teeth, creating plaque. Unfortunately, plaque cannot be removed from flossing, brushing, or mouthwash. Instead, you need a trained provider to remove it.
- Prevent Cavities – Routine cleanings will help us prevent cavities as well as identify potential cavities before they become painful.
- Combat Bad Breath – With a deep dental cleaning, we can remove many of the germs and bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Identify Periodontitis – Periodontitis is a disease that can lead to inflammation and bleeding of the gums, bad breath, and eventually tooth loss. There is no cure, and we are only able to treat the symptoms. However, with routine cleaning, you can reduce the risk of periodontitis.
- Prevent Tooth Loss – When plaque and tartar harden around your tooth, it may eventually lead to tooth loss. You can protect your teeth with proper routine cleaning.
Our Preventative Care Cleaning Process
At West County Dental, we offer complete dental care for our patients. With over a decade of service, we have experience with infants, toddlers, teenagers, adults, and seniors. It’s important that you maintain a proper dental care plan to ensure your teeth stay healthy throughout your lifetime. Our process includes a thorough examination of your mouth and teeth as well as a preventative care cleaning.
How Often Should I schedule a Dental Cleaning?
Many people only make time to go to the dentist once they’re experiencing pain in their teeth or jaw. However, to maintain a healthy mouth, the American Dental Association (ADA) recommends that you visit the dentists for a routine cleaning at least once every six months. With the right care routine, our team is able to identify any problems with your oral health and work quickly to treat them. Ignoring your recommended oral care plan can lead to complications that may cost you much more to treat. At West County Dental, we utilize the latest dental tools and technology to ensure that our patients receive the best care.