Family Dentistry in St. Louis
Dental Cleaning and Checkups
At West County Dental, we have the equipment and knowledge necessary to provide quality dental care for your entire family. As the area’s leading family dentist office, we serve families throughout St. Louis, Chesterfield, and West County, MO. Our compassionate team of dental professionals will work with infant and adult patients to help establish healthy oral hygiene habits that will last a lifetime. Our complete dental services include preventative cleanings and routine checkups. Our team has access to the latest dental technology to ensure the very best results. We understand that some members of your family have dental anxiety. That’s okay! We offer a variety of sedation options to ensure that your visit is as comfortable as possible.
Your Regular Cleaning and Checkup
The key to staying on top of your oral health is making regular appointments at your dentist’s office. At West County Dental, we provide preventative services to help our patients maintain good oral hygiene, prevent dental diseases, and keep their gums healthy. We recommend that each member of your family make a visit to our office for a routine cleaning and checkup every six months. We offer a variety of sedation options to help ensure that your visit is as comfortable as possible.
Our Cleaning and Preventative Services
Preventative dental care is one of the most important services we provide. We recommend that each member of your family reserve a visit to our office for a checkup at least every six months. Preventative services help our patients maintain good oral hygiene, prevent dental diseases, and keep their gums healthy. During your first visit with us, our dental team, led by Dr. Spalitto, will conduct a thorough examination of your teeth.
- X-Rays –We begin by doing a set of X-rays of your mouth to check your current oral health. We will also review your medical history for anything that may have an impact on your dental health.
- Examination – We’ll perform a thorough examination of your teeth and gums, including checking for tooth decay and signs of gum disease. We will also check your biting, chewing, and swallowing patterns to ensure that they are normal.
- Dental Cleaning – With a dental cleaning, our dental professionals will remove tartar and plaque buildup from your teeth to prevent decay. We will polish your teeth when necessary to keep the surfaces smooth.
- Fluoride – We offer fluoride rinses to reduce the risk of tooth decay between professional cleanings. For children, we can also provide sealants to help protect developing teeth from cavities.
- Follow-Up Appointment – In some cases, we may recommend additional treatment to help protect your teeth from further decay or to help correct a broken, decay, or chipped tooth. We offer a wide variety of services, including same-day crowns and dental implants for those who would like to complete their treatment in a single visit.
Pediatric Dentistry for Your Child
At our practice, we have the knowledge and technology to provide complete dental services for children. Your child should begin seeing a dentist at the age of one or as soon as their first tooth begins to emerge. Developing a good oral care routine begins at a young age and can last a lifetime. It’s important that you choose a pediatric dentist with compassion and understanding to provide total care for your child’s mouth, including their teeth and gums. As a trusted family dental practice, we can care for their oral health for their entire lives.
Choose the Area’s Experience Family Dentist
It’s never too late to schedule your next dental checkup. Whether it’s been six months or six years since your last cleaning, you can trust the team at West County Dental to provide comprehensive preventative and cleaning services. For over a decade, we have been serving families throughout the community. We take pride in providing our patients with a comfortable environment, the latest dental technology, and state-of-the-art treatments. Whether you need a cleaning, a filling, or oral surgery, contact us today to reserve a visit at our office in St. Louis.