Straighten Your Crooked Teeth In St. Louis, MO
West County Dental Can Straighten Your Misaligned Teeth
Do you have the smile you’ve always wanted? Or do your crooked teeth make you feel self-conscious about your smile? At West County Dental, we have the right solutions to help children and adults with crooked teeth. Our knowledgeable and experienced dental professionals utilize both tried and true techniques as well as innovations to give you the smile you’ve always wanted. There are a number of complications that are associated with crooked teeth, some of which can cause years of pain and discomfort. If you want to feel confident about your smile and keep your teeth in good health, contact West County Dental.
What Causes Crooked Teeth?
Crooked teeth have numerous causes. Some of which may be in your control, while others are not. Regardless of the circumstance that caused your crooked teeth, you can be confident that the experts at West County Dental can assist you. With over a decade of experience helping patients straighten their crooked teeth, we have seen and corrected it all. Some of the most common reasons patients have crooked teeth include:
- Thumb Sucking – Though it may seem like benign toddler behavior, thumb sucking can cause major dental health issues later in life. During your child’s developmental years, their soft gums can shift position because of the constant pressure of the child’s thumb.
- Premature Loss of Baby Teeth – When a baby tooth is lost prematurely due to decay or injury, it allows their other teeth to shift out of position, which can lead to misaligned adult teeth.
- Injury – A blow to the jaw, especially during childhood, can lead to misaligned teeth or jaw.
- Genetic Predisposition – Genetics also plays a role in misaligned teeth. In some cases, despite proper oral care routine, adult teeth may grow crooked.
What Complications Arise Due to Crooked Teeth?
Regardless of the cause of crooked teeth, ensuring it is corrected is essential for your oral and total-body health. Crooked teeth can lead to a number of health issues and expensive medical bills if not corrected. When you reserve a visit at West County Dental, our dentist will speak with you about the many complications that are caused by crooked teeth and how we can correct the issue. The best way to prevent these complications is to restore misaligned teeth during childhood before their permanent, adult teeth erupt. Learn more about some common complications caused by crooked teeth.
- Periodontitis – Periodontitis, or gum disease, is caused by inadequate oral care. Unfortunately, it can be more difficult for those with crooked teeth to brush those hard-to-reach places, which can lead to excessive plaque buildup and gum inflammation.
- Chipped Teeth – Patients with misaligned teeth often have an uneven chewing surface. The pressure from chewing can lead to chipped teeth and jaw pain.
- Speech Impairment – Crooked or misaligned teeth can cause issues with the pronunciation of certain words.
- Difficulty Chewing – Chewing is an essential part of the body’s digestion. However, with misaligned teeth, you may not be breaking down the food enough, which can lead to digestive issues.
How Can I Straighten My Crooked Teeth?
At West County Dental, we have helped treat both children and adults who have crooked or misaligned teeth. With over ten years of serving the community, we have helped hundreds of patients improve their smiles and confidence, and we are certain we can help you too. We have access to both traditional braces as well as invisible aligners. Whether you’re a teenager or an adult, it’s never too late to get the smile you’ve always wanted.
- Braces – With traditional bracket and wire braces, we will incrementally adjust your misaligned teeth to give you a straight and perfect smile. Traditional braces can also be used to realign your jaw.
- INVISALIGN® – INVISALIGN® invisible aligners have helped millions of people worldwide get the smile they’ve always wanted. Dr. Spalitto uses advanced 3-D technology to create a set of custom aligners for your teeth that slowly straighten them over the course of months. INVISALIGN® aligners are worn throughout the day and only need to be removed while you eat.
Choosing the Right Dental Office for Crooked Teeth
West Count Dental in St. Louis, MO, has helped families throughout the area by providing treatment for their crooked teeth. If left untreated, crooked teeth can cause a variety of health issues, including tooth decay. Not only that, you may feel self-conscious about your smile. Dr. Spalitto and his team of dental professionals offer solutions for your misaligned teeth that can improve your oral health and improve the look of your smile. We understand that the up-front cost of certain dental treatments may be difficult for some families. That is why we’re happy to provide a number of payment options, including Care Credit with a 12-month interest-free payment plans. Contact us today to reserve a visit.